How to Care for Straight Hair
If you are blessed with straight hair, you are luckiest person. Everybody wishes to have ravishing straight tresses that give a breezy look. It is easy to maintain and can be styled in a number of ways. But straight hairs also need a care especially in summer.
How to Brush out your hair:
Brush your hair gently. When brushing your hair, you’re more likely to take your time instead of “ripping” through it like you would with a brush. That’s because a comb won’t slide through tangles, even with a lot of force, like with a brush. You have to gently work out the tangle, which is ultimately better for your hair. Be very gentle, and always start combing from the bottom of your hair and work your way up as you undo any snarls.
How to shampoo and the quantity of shampoo:
- Wet hair thoroughly with hot water – as hot as you can tolerate.
- Pour shampoo into the palm of your left hand and then rub both palms together to distribute it evenly.
- Apply the shampoo to the top of your head and use fingertips to massage it on to your scalp.
- Give special attention to the crown and sides of the head, which are often neglected, follow with a long, thorough rinse – at least two minutes-flooding the water through the hair.
- Depending on your hair’s thickness and length, you may need to repeat the previous three steps for the rest of your hair.
- One application of shampoo is usually enough, unless your hair is very dirty or has a lot of oil in it – in that case you might need a second rinse for your hair.
How to Condition your hair:
Conditioning is done after thoroughly shampooing the hair and is an essential part of any hair care program. It is essential to condition all types of hair to keep it shiny and flexible. Conditioning increases the elasticity of hair and gives it a healthy look.
Here are instructions of conditioning your straight here.
- After shampooing gently squeeze out the excess water.
- Comb your straight hair gently from the roots to the ends using fingers or a wide toothed comb. Remove tangles completely.
- Apply a little hair conditioner on your palm and rub it through the hair with your fingers. Remember to not rub the conditioner on the scalp as this can result in dandruff.
- Leave it on the hair for 5 minutes.
- Now gently massage the hair to loosen the conditioner.
- Rinse the hair with water to remove all traces of the conditioner.
- Wrap a dry, fluffy towel on your head to dry your hair.
How to comb:
For straight hair choose a comb that is firm and not easily bent under pressure. The teeth should be evenly spaced and not too closed together (this may put unneeded stress on the hair). For Straight Long hair should use a wide-toothed comb.
Begin toward the ends, freeing tangles as you work your way up, section by section, to the crown. Comb gently. You may use leave-in conditioner spray, to help free tangles with ease and add softness and sheen to hair. By using these simple tips you can take care for your hairs.
Posted on October 12, 2011, in Beauty Tips and tagged Brush on Hair Tips, care tips, Conditioner Care Tips, Hair Care Tips, hair tips, How to Care for Straight Hair, How to Comb on Hair, Long Hair Care, Long Hair Tips, Shampoo Tips, Straight Hair, Straight Hair Care, Straight Hair Tips, Tips for Straight Hairs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.